Sunday, 7 September 2014

What She Wore // Spotted at LootVintage


Top // Topshop
Skirt // Topshop
Shoes // Massimo Dutti
Belt // Primark
Long Necklace // Jago in Tenby
Name Necklace // Tatty Devine

Due to my recent status as bedbound with tonsillitis, I have definitely not been up to taking any outfit snaps, but fortunately I woke up today to an Instagram photo that would most definitely do the job! 
Whilst waiting for a coach to visit my boyfriend in Bournemouth, I stumbled upon this lovely vintage shop, Loot Vintage, close to the Bristol Coach Station. I picked up a beautiful emerald green knitted and beaded jumper that will be PERFECT for for chilly season approaching, and a lovely knotted 80s nautical waist belt that just seems to work win every outfit in my wardrobe!

Whilst browsing the store, the assistant stopped to ask for a photo as she loved my colourful outfit, and wanted to share it with all of Loot's lovely Instagram followers! It is always such a lovely feeling when receiving compliments from strangers, so I was more than thrilled to awkwardly pose for a snap! And voila! The final images is above! Sorry about the poor quality - Instagram screenshot - guilty!

So many people commented on the neon orange skirt of this outfit over that weekend. Some asking where I got it, complimenting my style, and some jokers referencing the high-vis and traffic cone similarities. Hilarious. Either way, it made people notice me and my style, so that's a win in my books! It is a gorgeous perforated airtex-like fabric which stands away from the body really well, giving the effect of an underskirt without the bulk. A stretchy Lycra fitted underskirt helps to protect your modesty when the wind begins to blow and a Marilyn Monroe moment is imminent! Layering this long blouse over the skirt gave it a more streamline look and was an interesting way of working the statement skirt, making it more subtle. This top is the perfect staple for your wardrobe this season, the fabric is soft and delicate, and the high neck sits at a very elegant place at the neck, which makes it look much more expensive. Topshop also have this style in two different colours/prints so do take a look for some simple yet stylish dressing! 

Like the look?! Have you been style spotted lately?

Laters 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment