Thursday, 22 May 2014

Change is Good.

For the past two months, i have been a terrible blogger. But i think all bloggers can empathise with me when i say that sometimes you just need a break to reconsider priorities and get life back on the right track. And that, for me, meant putting BELIZABETH on the back burner.

So much has happened, and so much has and will change. As you may or may not be aware, I have just come to the end of my first year at University, studying a BA (Hons) degree in Fashion Design. Living in Newcastle has been a huge change to the rural landscapes of Somerset, but i welcomed city life and thrived in the Eldon Square Shopping Centre!
I had the pleasure of being assigned a room in the same flat as my two new best friends, who made this year so much easier than it would have otherwise been. I can not thank Unite Student Accommodation enough for pairing me up with Sarah-Jayne and Michaela, they matched us up perfectly and I feel that they will be my friends for life.
As for my course, not so rosy. It isn't the course for me, i know that now. It is a predominantly theory and business based course, which is great for some, but definitely not for someone as experimental and practical as myself. LET ME LOOSE ON THOSE SEWING MACHINES ALREADY! That, along with the very little teaching hours has resulted in some health complications that have made life in the North less than breezy.

What do i do next? Well i'm not one to just moan and not take action, so i have made the very difficult decision to leave the university and start afresh elsewhere. As hard as it is to tear myself away from my new soulmates, i know that Newcastle is not the place for me and £9000 is too much to be wasted on a course that isn't pushing me to achieve my creative potential. So the plan is to take a gap year to get myself healthy and happy again, research and apply to a more suitable uni (same course, i still love fashion darlings!) and perhaps get a little bit of work experience under my belt. This decision was a horrible one to make, but the relief is sublime and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, allowing me to enjoy my last days in the city.

I apologise for this morose and negative post, but i felt the need to explain my absence from the blogosphere and write it down to help me come to terms with the changes that are to come. And as if all that change wasn't enough, i went and changed my hair too! If you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, shame on you. Follow me here!) then you will be aware that i have chopped my mop to a short bob, and bleached it a very pale blonde, soon to be white! If you have any tips on how to get hair to the whitest white and how to keep it that way, i would be very appreciative! 



And another bit of happy news, my lovely ex-flatmate *sob* will be going on the adventure of a lifetime to Atlanta, Georgia this summer on a University exchange program and has decided to record her adventures in a lovely little blog! I'd love it if you could all check it out and give her a follow because it is sure to be an exciting read as she travels across to Orlando, Tennessee, New Orleans and  many more wonderful places in the USA.


I hope you are all well and happy, i look forward to chatting to you all now that i am fully committing myself to my blogging adventures!

Laters

xo

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bryony! I did the same thing last year, so if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here! Uni made me ill too and depressed and since changing course and uni I've been much better! Its really heard thing to do but I'm glad you've decided to do what was best for you. I love your new hair by the way and I am so glad you're back to blogging maybe I'll get back to it too!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your support! It was a really tough decision but it is reassuring and super lovely to know that other people have gone through the same and come out the other end smiling! I'm so glad your uni mishaps turned out alright in the end, fingers crossed mine will too! And yes you MUST get back to blogging, can't wait to read all the blogs you will be writing to make up for your absence! hehe! xox

      Delete
  2. good luck doing your research. Work experience is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweet, you can never have too much work experience eh! xo

      Delete