Sunday, 9 February 2014

Heavenly High Beam Highlighter

Benefit's High Beam Highlighter







High Beam by Benefit is available online here

Well well well, the time has come for Bryony to finally step into the world of makeup and beauty! I am a makeup novice thats for sure, but i finally took the plunge and decided that my beauty bag needed an update and my face a revamp! I've heard fantastic things about Benefit Cosmetics, so that was my first place of choice. Recommended by my wonderful flatmate, knowledgeable on the topic of makeup, was the infamous Benefit High Beam. Probably well-known by you all, as it is a coveted beauty product by most bloggers, i just couldn't resist writing a little review up myself!

High Beam. What do i start? Well, this stuff is like liquid happiness. I seem to say that about everything i like, but it really is true with this one. The texture is smooth and creamy, meaning the pearly pale pink colour blends onto the skin beautifully to create a flawless finish. I personally like to apply this to the brow-bone, cupids bow above my lips, and for an extra special occasion a little on my cheekbones to add definition and to reflect the light. Applying above the cupids bow (fun fact: this is called the philtrum) illuminates the lips and accentuates the definition of the upper lip which i have found very flattering! 

With a brush very much like a nail polish bottle, only a few dots of the concoction are required to create a dramatic effect and a gorgeous dewy glow that looks oh-so natural! I have been using High Beam for a month now and it has improved the look of my overall makeup look drastically - i had always doubted the power of the highlighter but i really am converted! 

To any novices out there like myself, if you add anything to your makeup collection this year, make it High Beam - it really is heavenly!

Have you ever tried High Beam? What did you think?! Any other Benefit products that i simply MUST own? Let me know you lovely lot!

Laters

xo

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this stuff! I got a mini one free in a magazine and it's lasted ages X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete