Thursday, 23 January 2014

'Bryony'






Necklace // Tatty Devine @ Selfridges London

Tatty Devine. The place where all jewellery dreams come true. 

Shortly after Christmas, Mum and I took a trip to London to visit the Isabella Blow 'Fashion Galore' exhibition (post coming soon) and of course managed to fit in a good afternoon of shopping! I had been after a Tatty Devine name necklace for quite a while, after eying up their Pinterest and playing around with the online name necklace generator on their website, so i was pretty certain when i stumbled across their pop-up in Selfridges, that i would not be leaving empty handed. 

I'm actually really glad that i decided to wait to buy one instore rather than online, 
because there is a much larger selection of charms when you visit the pop-up shop, for example i managed to get this adorable heeled shoe, that seems to be unavailable on the site! The sales assistants were also very lovely. They mocked up my name in different fonts to help me decide, and i found their opinions invaluable. It was a very pleasant experience! 

It was a tough choice, but in the end i opted for Mirror Gold for my name, with a little Glitter Gold shoe charm to add a little bit of sparkle! The font i chose was Sundae, another option that is not available on the website. Finished off with a gold chain and a little polish - tah dah!

I love it! It is exactly as i had imagined it and well worth the £37 of my Christmas money, for both the product and the lovely service i received! The gift box is a lovely touch, especially with the adorable Selfridges bag too! I do love a good gift bag, i must say! Finally, an item with my name on - my 7 year old self would be very chuffed indeed!

However, you must remember when wearing yours - when strangers are staring at your chest, don't freak out, they are just trying to read it. I learnt that the hard way.... 

Tempted to grab your own unique name tag? What colours/charms would you go for?!
Or do you already have one? I'd love to see it/hear about it!

Laters

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment