Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Beth's Nails - Leopard Print

Leopard Print


You Will Need:

Essie - Nothing Else Metals // available here
Revlon - Steel-Her-Heart // available here
Pink Tease - Black Nail Polish Striper // available here
Base and Topcoat // available here

I’ve never done leopard spots on my nails before, but having seen so many colourful leopard manicures I became inspired and decided to give this manicure a go! A recent addition to my collection of polishes is Nothing Else Metals from Essie’s metallic range; I seriously can’t praise this range enough! This silver colour has just the slightest hint of purple and I think it’s so beautiful. I had to use it for the base colour of this design!




Start by painting all your nails a metallic silver or light purple. Wait for this to dry and then start adding spots in a dark grey polish. You don’t have to be neat at this point, in fact the spots tend to look better if they’re a bit irregular and not too perfect! When these are dry, go in with a black nail striper and outline the spots. You could also use a thin brush dipped into black polish if you don’t have one of these. Again don’t try to outline them perfectly, leave small gaps and make some of the lines thicker than others. Then fill in some of the spaces with small spots and lines. Seal with a topcoat and you’re done!

Finished Result


I’m really pleased with the way this turned out and was surprised by how easy it was to do! Hope you try this out yourself! What colours would you chose to recreate it with?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment