Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Beth's Nails - Metallic French Manicure

Welcome to my brand new feature for all you beauty lovers who love to play around in the exciting world of nail art! I personally know nothing about the world of Nail Art, so let me introduce to you the Queen of Nailtastic creations - BETH!
 Beth is a friend from college who as well as being a nail pro, is a textile/fashion supreme and stupidly intelligent English Student! Every week at college we would be wowed by her new nails, so who better than Beth to amuse all you Beauty and Nail fanatics out there!
If all goes well, i hope to be able to have Beth collaborate on these posts weekly, so keep watching!

Metallic French Manicure



 You Will Need:
-Essie - Penny Talk // Available HERE

-Revlon - Plum Seduction // Available HERE
-Nail Striping Tape  // Available HERE
-French Tip Guides // Available HERE
-Base and Top coat // Available HERE





As a self-confessed nail art addict, I constantly struggle with the urge to buy more colours for my ever growing collection of nail varnish! And this week I simply couldn’t resist the temptation of this beautiful colour from Essie’s Mirror Metallics Collection, ‘Penny Talk.’ I love the gorgeous coppery pink colour and so naturally, I had to try it out right away! For this design I decided to combine two popular nail art trends, French tips and abstract lines. I’m a big fan of the French Manicure, but I often feel that it can be a bit obvious and so with this design I tried to vamp up the classic manicure by using metallic polish for the base and a bright pink for the tips. I also added an accent nail to add a bit of detail.

I painted my accent nail pink and the rest of my nails copper. I then waited for this to dry completely before applying the French tip guides to the copper nails and painting the tips pink. This is a really easy way to create perfect French tips as when you remove the guides you will be left with a really smooth clean line. For the accent nail I created an abstract design by applying thin striping tape to the pink nail and then painting the copper over the top. When I peeled off the tape I was left with thin pink lines underneath.


The Finished Result!



If you like this design, have a go at recreating it! Try out different colours and see what works best for you. No free hand work is required for this so you don’t have to worry about wobbly lines, just let the thin tape and the nail guides do the work for you! If you have short nails that aren’t long enough to do a French tip you could do all your nails like the accent, or alternate between pink and copper for each nail for a more simple design! 

Hope this gives you some ideas! If this post inspired you to do recreate the look - send in an image to bryonyselway@gmail.com or tweet @justb33 - you never know, you might end up being featured in a special post! 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment