Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Beth's Nails - Bright ZigZag

Bright Zig Zag

"This week Beth has astounded me with this KILLER nail art design! Very reminiscent of the iconic Missoni stripes! And it looks really simple too - give it a go my fellow fashionistas!"

 You Will Need:
-Revlon - Plum Seduction //Available Here
-Revlon - White On White //Available Here
-Black nail polish //Available Here
-Pinking shears or zigzag craft scissors //Available Here
-Sticky back address labels or masking tape
-Base and Top Coat //Available Here 





For this week’s design I was inspired by the bright zigzag print of this Primark purse. I loved the pink, white and black colour scheme and thought these colours would be really great for a bold, bright nail design! The key to getting the zigzags straight and neat is to use a pair of zigzag craft scissors or pinking shears to create templates for you to paint over.

First paint all your nails white and leave to dry completely. Next you will need to cut a number of zigzag templates in a variety of thicknesses out of sticky back address labels or masking tape, this will enable you to stick the templates on the nail. Now you can start arranging the templates on the nail to build up the pattern you want. When you’re pleased with the arrangement you can fill in the areas of nail that aren’t covered by the templates with a pink and black polish. While the polish is still wet, quickly peel off the templates to create the zigzag pattern!

Finished Result!




This is one of my favourite designs and after I had worn it for a few days I decided to add a few yellow zigzags as well. I often get inspired by prints and patterns on clothing or bags for my nail art so have a rummage through your favourite pieces and get inspired! If you want something a little easier then you could always go for a simple stripe design in these colours or as always just do the pattern on an accent nail to save time. 

Hope you liked this design, any ideas for future nail art? Let me know in the comments!

Beth
xo 

4 comments:

  1. Wow they look amaaaaazing! so so creative ^_^
    and I love how you've made it so easy to recreate a follow, great blog!
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much!! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this! I love zig zag. This is such a great idea. I will definitely try. Thanks for the tip :)
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Glad you found it helpful! :)

      Delete