Thursday, 4 July 2013

Skortin 'ell





Shirt / Topshop - Similar Here
Skort / eBay here
Blazer / TKMaxx
Sandals / Kurt Geiger at TKMaxx
Necklace / Topshop
Skull Belt / Primark

Happy Thursday!
I got the skort through from eBay earlier in the week and today was my first chance to wear it! I've been loving the skort in Zara - see here - so had a search on eBay for an alternative as you do! This blue skort was £3.99 from Hong Kong on eBay, and to be honest, I think it is brilliant for the price! Yes, the quality is poor and the stitching is far from the Zara standard, but only i know that! From the outside they look really great and thats all that matters! I would totally recommend these because the style and shape is really stylish and very on-trend - they may not last as long as the Zara alternative, but at £3.99 you can't say no!
To balance out the vibrant cobalt blue of the skort, i wore my short-sleeved Topshop shirt and my favourite blazer. The blue in the skort brought out the blue accent in the blazer, whilst the black on the blazer enabled me to tie in the black leather and stud sandals that i ADORE! Thats fashion mathematics for you! The gold bling brought the whole outfit together, giving it that extra sparkle that every outfit needs!

I wore this outfit to go and see my old college friends who i haven't seen properly in months. It was really lovely to spend some time on the seafront and the pier, being relaxed and just happy. That also explains the terrible hair in the photos - i took the images AFTER i returned home. Intially my hair was lush and curly, then the wind happened. Need i say more?! 

I honestly think that skorts will be the next best thing! When the SS14 collections are released, look out for the skirt/short combo, i'd put money on it! 

p.s i apologise for the rubbish photos - i have not yet found a suitable place to set up my camera, i have no plain walls in my house! So selfies it is haha! I have a day off tomorrow so i will make that my priority, promise! 

Laters
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment